One Hundred Questions To Ask Yourself About...
G. Burnside, U.K.
MANY sincere people are being taught today that the Ten Commandment Law of God has been abolished; that God and His Son Jesus are responsible for its being "Nailed" to the Cross when Jesus died. Others say that the Commandments of God are still in force with the exception of one. Here are one hundred questions to ask yourself and to think carefully about - one hundred questions about God and His Law. If the Commandments have been abolished, how many verses in your Bible are meaningless and should be left out?
As you ask yourself the following questions, please remember that your Bible says that God is Holy, Righteous, Perfect, Unchangeable, Just, Kind, and Good.
ONE HUNDRED QUESTIONS
1. How could a perfect God (Matt. 5:48) do away with a perfect Law? Ps. 19:7.
2. How could a Holy God (Isa. 6:3) do away with a Holy Law. Rom. 7:12.
3. How could a Righteous God (Ps 145:17) do away with a Righteous Law? Ps. 119:172.
4. How could God who is unchangeable (Mal. 5:6; Heb. 13:
change or do away with a Law that is unchangeable? Matt. 5:17-19; Ps. 117:7-8.
5. How could a God of Truth (John 14:6) abolish a Law that is the Truth? Ps. 119:142, 151.
6. How could a God who is Just (Acts 3:14; Deut. 32:4) abolish a just Law? Rom. 7:12.
7. How could a God who is Good (Ps. 34:
abolish a Law that is good? Rom. 7:12.
8. How could a Spiritual God (John 4:24) do away with a spiritual Law? Rom. 7:14.
9. How could God do away with the Law that tells what sin is? I John 3:4; Rom. 4:15; Rom. 7:7.
10. How could God do away with the very Law that Christ came to magnify and make honourable? Isa. 42:21.
11. How could God abolish a Law which He wrote on stone. Ex. 31: 18. The fact that He wrote it on stone indicates that it was to last forever.
12. How could God do away with the Law which tells what His will is? Rom. 2:18; Matt. 7:21; Ps. 40:8.
13. How could God do away with the very Law that He commanded to be sealed among His disciples? Isa. 8:16.
14. How could God abolish the Law that is not made void, but established by the Christian's Faith? Rom. 3:31.
16. How could God do away with a Law that is "pure" and that "enlightens the eyes?" Ps. 19:8.
16. How could God abolish the Law that He told His people to remember and teach to their children and children's children? Ps. 78:1-7.
17. How could God do away with the Law that the Christian should "meditate in day and night." Ps.1:1-3.
18. How could God abolish His holy Law that the wicked have turned away from and made void? Ps.119:126, 150.
19. How could God do away with His Law which must be fulfilled in the life of the Christian who is led by the Spirit of God? Rom. 8:3, 4.
20. How could God do away with His Law after promising a "woe" upon them that "cast away the Law of the Lord" and "call evil good, and good evil?" Isa. 5:20-24.
21. How could God abolish a Law that enters into the very heart of an individual and condemns the secret sins of his life which he must in the judgment? Eccl. 12:13, 14.
22. How could God do away with His Law that makes people happy when they keep it? Prov.29:18.
23. How could a God of Peace destroy a Law that brings peace to troubled hearts? Ps. 119:165.
24. How could God abolish the very Law that Jesus has in His heart? Ps. 40:8.
25. How could God abolish His Law which is to be the standard by which men and women will be judged? Eccl. 12:13. 14.
26. How could God do away with HisLaw which is to "stand fast forever?" Ps. 111:7, 8.
27. How could God do away with His Law after He said His people have forgotten His Law and are destroyed for lack of knowledge? Hosea 4:6, 7.
28. How could God abolish His Law after accusing the religious leaders of hardening their hearts against His Law, and deceiving the people? Mal.2:7-9.
29. How could God abolish His Commandments when Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to those who would keep them? John 14:16-17,26; Acts 5:32.
30. How could God have done away with His Law at Christ's death, and then later be with Stephen as he was stoned for having told his murderers that they had not kept God's Law? Acts 7:53-56.
31. How could God abolish the same Law that is to be the standard by which we measure the teachings of every teacher, and every preacher, and every church? Isa. 8:20. Compare I Pet. 4:11 and Acts 7:38.
32.How could God abolish the Law when Jesus suffered and died to redeem us from the curse of the Law?
Gal. 3:13. Jesus came to redeem them that were under the Law. Gal. 4:4. 5.
33. How could God abolish His Law when the Bible says "Where no Law is, there is no transgression?" Rom, 4:15. Rom. 6:13.
34. How could God do away with His Law when His followers delight in it? Ps. 1:1-3. Ps. 119:70, 77, 92, 174.
35. How could God have the commandments abolished at the cross when Jesus told His disciples to pray that they might be able to keep the Sabbath command forty years after the cucifixion? Matt. 24:20.
36. How could God abolish the commandment that says, "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy," when Jesus said that He Himself was Lord of the Sabbath, and that it was made for man? Mark 2:27, 28.
37. How could God do away with the very Law that helps in converting the soul? P19:7.
38. How could God abolish the Law that helps a sinner to realize his need? When a sinner realizes that death is the penalty for transgression, and in sorrow he comes to God for forgiveness, he receives a pardon through Jesus. That pardon is Grace. Would God abolish the very Law that Christ died for to make it possible to give grace to the sinner? If God abolished His Law there would be no transgression and therefore no need of forgiveness or grace. Grace is not something apart from the Law; it is necessary. Paul said to the Christians: "ye are not under the law but under grace." Rom. 6:14. Then he said, "shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? God forbid." Verse 15. In Gal. 3:21 Paul says "the law is not against the promises of God." How could God abolish His Law and thus do away with Grace too?
39. How could God abolish the Sabbath command when Jesus said He Himself was Lord of the Sabbath? Mark 2:27,28. And Jesus Himself made the Sabbath. John 1:1-3; Mark 2:27. And it was Christ's custom to keep it. Luke 4:16.
40. How could Christ abolish His Law and the Sabbath that He made and not say a single word about it to His closest followers? At the same time of His death they kept the Sabbath according to the Commandment. Luke 23:65, 56. Compare Matt. 24:20.
41. How could God abolish the Sabbath when Jesus said: "It is easier for Heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the Law to fail?" Luke 16:17.
42. How could God abolish His Commandments when Jesus said that those who worship in vain have the commandments of men? Mark 7:7, 9. The worship which is accepted of God must be where the Commandments of God are taught and obeyed. John 14 :21.
43. How could God forsake His Law when that is the very thing that the Bible says the wicked have done? Ps. 119:53.
44. How could God do away with His Law when the Bible says, "The way of transgressors is hard?" Prov.13:15.Where there is no law there is no transgression. Rom. 4:15.
45: How could God do away with His Law when the Bible says, "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination?" Prov.28:9.
46. How could God do away with His Commandments when the Bible says, "The whole duty of man is to 'fear God and keep His Commandments'?" Eccl. 12:13, 14.
47. How could God do away with His Commandments after He promised to show mercy to all who would keep them? Ps. 103:18.
48. How could God abolish the Commandments that the angels keep? Ps. 103:20.
49. How could God do away with HisLaw which is so perfect and high that it points the believer to Christ as the end for righteousness the very highest standard of a perfect sinless life? Rom. 10:4.Compare Isa. 51:7 and James 5:11.
50. How could God abolish His Law which gives comfort in affliction and trial? Ps. 119:92.